ubuntu(host)+ubuntu(container) = bridge works flawlessly
ubuntu(host)+centos(container) = bridge does not work
So, I setup a simple br0 bridge with /etc/network/interfaces in the Ubuntu host, and in the container I statically set an available public IP. If the container is ubuntu (official image) it works, when it is the centos/7 image, it does not work.
Seems to be a lack of cloud-init in the centos image?
Method I am using to make an LXD bridge is the “sudo dpkg-reconfigure -p medium lxd” command:
* Would you like to setup a network bridge for LXD containers now? No
* Do you want to use an existing bridge? Yes
* Bridge interface name: br0
Please guide me to what do I have to do to make the centos image work in a bridge. Thanks
- Distribution: Ubuntu
- Distribution version: 16.04
- The output of “lxc info” or if that fails:
- Kernel version: 4.4.0-104-generic
- LXC version: 2.0.8-0ubuntu1~16.04.2
- LXD version: 2.0.11-0ubuntu1~16.04.4
- Storage backend in use: zfs