Dpkg Cannot create special file; Operation not permitted

Hi - Hoping to see if anyone can help provide a direction on how to clear this error.

Installed LXC on Ubuntu 20.04 from the repository (4.0.7). Did lxc init and accepted all defaults. Launched a container and logged into it. Started to install the application APRSC by following these directions:

http://he.fi/aprsc/INSTALLING.html

All went fine until I did the “apt install aprsc”. Then I got the following errors. I’m not sure why I get the “Operation not permitted” error. If I install it on the host OS directly it installs fine…

I’m guessing it has something to do with permissions or the storage pool configuration or both? I’ve googled quite a bit this evening and I haven’t found the magic search phrase. Any insight on how I can troubleshoot this further would be greatly appreciated!

sudo apt install aprsc

Reading package lists… Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information… Done

aprsc is already the newest version (2.1.8.gf8824e8+focal1).

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

1 not fully installed or removed.

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

Setting up aprsc (2.1.8.gf8824e8+focal1) …

cp: cannot create special file ‘./urandom’: Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create special file ‘./random’: Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create special file ‘./null’: Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create special file ‘./zero’: Operation not permitted

dpkg: error processing package aprsc (–configure):

installed aprsc package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Errors were encountered while processing:

aprsc

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Device nodes can’t be created in unprivileged containers though LXD has a workaround which works for some of them.

Try setting security.syscalls.intercept.mknod=true and restart the container.

Excellent! Thank you so much! Worked perfectly… Now to spend some time researching the parameter and what it does… Thank you again!