Getting below erro while starting lxd

root@cpu-6244:~# WARN[01-20|12:12:20] - Couldn’t find the CGroup blkio, disk I/O limits will be ignored
WARN[01-20|12:12:20] - Couldn’t find the CGroup blkio.weight, disk priority will be ignored
WARN[01-20|12:12:20] - Couldn’t find the CGroup CPU controller, CPU time limits will be ignored
WARN[01-20|12:12:20] - Couldn’t find the CGroup CPUacct controller, CPU accounting will not be available
WARN[01-20|12:12:20] - Couldn’t find the CGroup hugetlb controller, hugepage limits will be ignored
WARN[01-20|12:12:20] - Couldn’t find the CGroup network priority controller, network priority will be ignored
WARN[01-20|12:12:21] Firewall failed to detect any compatible driver, falling back to “xtables” (but some features may not work as expected due to: Backend command “iptables” is an nftables shim)
WARN[01-20|12:12:21] Failed getting list of tables from “/proc/self/net/ip6_tables_names”, assuming all requested tables exist
EROR[01-20|12:12:21] Error reading host’s cpuset.cpus

while starting lxd I am getting above error .

any idea on this ?

What distribution/kernel is this?

Your kernel appears to be missing a LOT of things

using 5.9.0-3-amd64 kernel
os debian bullseye

how do I fix this missing thigs ? can you help me ?

What LXD version is that?

I suspect this is happening because you’re on a cgroup2 system though it appears that most resource controllers are disabled.

lxd version 4.8
and I found cgroup is not good

root@cpu-6244:~# cat /proc/self/cgroup
0::/user.slice/user-0.slice/session-1811.scope

seems I am on a cgroup2 system
root@cpu-6244:~# mount | grep cgroup
cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)

is there any way to enable resource controllers?

One easy way out would be to go back to cgroup1.
You can do that by making your kernel boot with systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 on the kernel command line.

LXD has support for cgroup2 and we have automated testing for it.
Looking at our scripts, we don’t seem to need to do anything special in this case so I’m not sure why your system doesn’t have those controllers working.

booted with systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 and it’s fine now :slight_smile:
thank you for your help :slight_smile: