Gui management interface

Hi,

Any gui management projects that are mature and stable? I found this one but didn’t know if there are any alternatives.

I used Proxmox alot so thats where I am coming from but I hate the small differences between Ubuntu and Debian so want to shift over to Ubuntu hosts and guests.

|MODERATION: Removed spam links|

Thanks

Can you evaluate this software and post a review?

I’ve used lxdui a bit and it’s somewhat useful. However it’s unfinished, the UI has plenty of placeholder elements and some unlocalized strings.

I wish there were something else out there that did the business. I’ve been looking at gluing together MAAS, Juju, LXD, Snapweb and Landscape to give a all-encompassing management interface with Juju Clouds setup for backing cloud (so Storage services and hypervisor/orchestration can be deployed), LXD cluster cloud for core/app services, K8S cloud etc, Snapweb for arbitrary services to be placed wherever needed, and Landscape for centralized monitoring and updates. Still way lighter weight than Openstack, but not holistically grouped.

I still haven’t quite figured out what the real benefit of MAAS is in a testlab/devops environment - I did see in one of @stgraber’s videos that you can see containers in there, but I wonder what the extent of functionality against those is. If cluster/fan networking can be managed via MAAS, that could be very cool. Juju’s GUI is SO awesome I wish it did more, and wasn’t so clumsy.

did you ever look at proxmox?

disclaimer Self promotion

I run this small project https://github.com/turtle0x1/LxdMosaic it might fit your needs:

• Supports multiple hosts
  • requires no storing certs in the browser
  • access container terminal
  • deploy cloud configs to containers
1 Like

Here is an example of advanced forum spamming.

Prerequisite: Find a target, in this case the LXD community. Then, identify different websites for this community. In this case, this forum and the Reddit r/LXD subreddit.
Set a source (here, the Reddit r/LXD subreddit).
Set a target (here, this discussion forum).

1. Find a post from the source. In this case, Gui management interface.
  2. Start a new thread on the target using the post from the source. Then, just wait.
  3. Wait until people start posting replies on the target so that the thread gets search-engine validity (old post, non-spam replies).
  4. Go back and edit the original first post at the target and add the spam links.

Obviously, I removed the spam links. Here is a screenshot.