LXC: input/output error

Hi there,
I am trying to publish a snapshot, but I am facing an error I have never seen before. I googled it and but comments were not useful. I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and lxc 3.0.3.

This is the container I am trying to export:

fmello@ai2sklsrv00:~$ lxc list
±-----------±--------±----------------------±---------------------------------------------±------------±----------+
| NOME | ESTADO | IPV4 | IPV6 | TIPO | SNAPSHOTS |
±-----------±--------±----------------------±---------------------------------------------±------------±----------+
| ai2AIDevel | STOPPED | | | PERSISTENTE | 0 |
| ai2AIProd | STOPPED | | | PERSISTENTE | 0 |
| ai2Base | STOPPED | | | PERSISTENTE | 0 |
| ai2CA | STOPPED | | | PERSISTENTE | 0 |
| ai2GitLab | RUNNING | 10.110.142.27 (eth0) | fd42:aaaf:209:f211:216:3eff:fe3f:a93d (eth0) | PERSISTENTE | 0 |

And these are the commands that I am using:

fmello@ai2sklsrv00:~$ lxc stop ai2GitLab
fmello@ai2sklsrv00:~$ lxc snapshot ai2GitLab snap210912
fmello@ai2sklsrv00:~$ lxc publish ai2GitLab/snap210912 --alias image210912b
Error: Failed to copy file content: read /var/lib/lxd/snapshots/ai2GitLab/snap210912/rootfs/lib/systemd/libsystemd-shared-237.so: input/output error

I read that this input/output error might be related with storage space, but it looks odd to me. The container has 48G, and I have have almost 800G o free space. It must be something different.

Does anyone has any tip?

Thanks in advance,

Flávio Mello

Hi,
Maybe that i/o error could be related with disk error or something. What is the storage type, can you show the lxc storage ls.
And have you ever checked the disk error with dmesg command?
Thanks.

Please show output of df -h as it maybe that /var/lib/lxd/ is on a different partition with insufficient space.

So, the disk is definitely dead. It seems to me that lxc had nothing to do with this.

1 Like