This year’s edition of FOSDEM will once again feature a containers devroom.
This is a great occasion for users and developers of Linux container technologies to meet and hear about the exciting work that’s going on in the field.
FOSDEM 2020 will be over the weekend of the 1st and 2nd of February in Brussels, Belgium.
FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:
- get in touch with other developers and projects;
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world;
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world;
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers;
- to promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions.
Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organizers gratefully accept donations and sponsorship.
The container devroom will be running all day on Saturday, starting at 10:30am and finishing at 7pm.
We’re looking for talk or demo proposals in one of the following 3 sizes:
- 10 minutes (e.g. short demo)
- 20 minutes (e.g. project update)
- 30 minutes (e.g. introduction to new technology or deep dive on complex feature)
In all cases, allow for at least 5 minutes of questions (10min preferred for the 30min slots).
In general, shorter content will be more likely to get approved as we want to cover a wide range of topics.
We’re looking for anything container related, this includes low level kernel development going on to support containers, container runtime work and higher level container management tools.
This isn’t a Linux-only event, containers exist on other operating systems and we’d love to hear about those too!
Proposals should be sent through the FOSDEM scheduling system at: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20/
Make sure to select the “containers” devroom. Note that if you submitted a proposal to FOSDEM in the past, you can re-use your existing account rather than register a new one.
We’ll accept proposals for the devroom until the 29th of November 2019.