Incus unable to start/run (docker) container natively: 's6-overlay-suexec' error

Excellent !
Will this be part of a package in the nightly ?

Yeah, note that today’s daily has an issue with VM startup though. We’re pushing a fix for that now.
I’m also looking at pushing this particular fix to stable later today.

Ahah yeah, I figured ! :sweat_smile:
When you say that you want to push “this particular fix” to stable later today, you are talking about the fix that prevent VM startup or the one for OCI ? (or both ? :stuck_out_tongue: )

I already pushed the OCI fix to our stable package branch but that VM startup issue then crept in, so I want to see that one fixed before we release an update to stable users.

1 Like

Very happy to read that this will be fixed and pushed into a stable release…

Was working on this for some hours yesterday and today until I read this thread and seen that a solution it on it’s way.

As usual appreciate your hard work in getting a new feature working. Love the new OCI feature as it reduces a lot of overhead in my setup.

Looking forward to see ore about the mount feature and GPU support (next I would love to try)… :wink:

The fixes should be in stable now. It took a bit longer due to some builder issues on arm64 and then not wanting to release something 10min before I head to bed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trying run nginx-proxy-manager …

$ incus version
Client version: 6.3
Server version: 6.3

# LANG=EN.US pacman -Si incus
Repository      : extra
Name            : incus
Version         : 6.3-2
Description     : Powerful system container and virtual machine manager
Architecture    : x86_64

:: test 1:

$ incus launch docker:jc21/nginx-proxy-manager npm --console
 Launching npm
 To detach from the console, press: <ctrl>+a q
 Error: Failed running forkconsole: "container is not running: \"npm\""
        Error: stat /proc/-1: no such file or directory

:: test 2:

$ incus start --console npm
s6-overlay-suexec: fatal: can only run as pid 1
s6-overlay-suexec: fatal: can only run as pid 1

Testing here with the current development code:

stgraber@dakara:~$ incus launch docker:jc21/nginx-proxy-manager npm --console
Launching npm
To detach from the console, press: <ctrl>+a q                     
s6-linux-init: warning: unable to relinquish control terminal: Not a tty
❯ Configuring npm user ...
useradd warning: npm's uid 0 outside of the UID_MIN 1000 and UID_MAX 60000 range.
❯ Configuring npm group ...
❯ Checking paths ...
--------------------------------------
ERROR: /etc/letsencrypt is not mounted! Check your docker configuration.
--------------------------------------
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service prepare: command exited 1
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.
Error: stat /proc/-1: no such file or directory

So looks like the init handling we have in the dev branch works fine for this image, we’re just hitting other errors likely because of env variables and volumes.

1 Like

This is the same error like on docker if you haven’t prepared your mount point correctly. Simply a sanity check in the OCI image. Should be in the admin responsibility to get this sorted :wink:

Not sure if the other issues prevent the service to start. It is starting on my 6.3 version.

1 Like