- Programmer on Linux Mint (putting off the update to v20 based on Fossa for procrastination reasons!)
- coding mainly in Python at the moment, also code Go, R, bash, and learning more about C extension modules
- recently been to summer school on combinatorial optimisation using docker and had to do some fiddling for file permissions, at which point containers “clicked” for me
- previously began contributing to open source image processing libraries like scikit-image after being a user for a while (these often have tricky setups so I began to explore containers and had heard good things about lxc for years).
- Keen to improve the Python 3 bindings for the library
- After figuring out
lxc I want to see if I can containerise/VM-ify my development workflow (including web browser and terminal state ideally), to be able to “spin up”/“spin down” an entire workspace since I often have crashes due to leaving too many windows open, and am trying to solve this systematically somehow.