After update, Incus OS with SecureBoot disabled stuck at boot on "failed to initialize the libzfs library"

Hello,

My incus os server rebooted into 202609082242 this morning, and it fails to initialize, I wondered if it’s a coincidence or if someone else had the same issue. I can see this in the local screen “dashboard”, then the whole dashboard reset and tells about network and tries again

ERROR: Failed to run: zpool import local: exit status 1 (failed to initialize the libzfs library.)

When I boot the previous version, I’m asked for recovery passphrase, but so far either something is wrong, or I can’t type it correctly (I’m sure it’s the good passphrase as I already used in the past).

Update: I figured the recovery passphrase issue, I was typing it verbatim on an azerty keyboard, but character - was at a different place, I forgot about this one :sweat_smile: but after typing it, incus os is not prompting again for the passphrase but does nothing

On Ubuntu 26.04 I’m able to import and use the ZFS pool, so it seems it is not a disk or hardware problem.

I created an issue on GitHub Incus OS 202609082242 not able to load the zfs pool · Issue #1350 · lxc/incus-os · GitHub

We’ve identified an issue with recent kernel hardening changes that prevents IncusOS from loading unsigned kernel modules. This is preventing the ZFS kernel module from being loaded on systems where SecureBoot is disabled. There are further details in the GitHub issue referenced above.