AmazonLinux arm64, aarch64

Hi everyone,

I am trying to launch an image in Incus (amazonlinux/2), but it says that my architecture is incompatible (“Requested architecture isn’t supported by this host”). I have been able to run successfully the image from LXC (amazonlinux/2023/arm64). Can you tell me if there is any way to run it? It seems that now it is aarch64, not arm64. I have a MacOS with an M3 processor.

Can you show incus info?

I tried again. It worked this time, but now I encountered the cgroups v1 restriction (the same as with the LXC version of images:amazonlinux/2023/arm64). I fixed it the same way by copying the image locally and unsetting the restriction in the image. However, I still have the same issue with the macvlan, which I submitted in a different topic.

I’m sending the info anyway:

Note: in lxc works with macvlan

I tried without macvlan and I can’t get the IP addreses either for these images: amazonlinux/2, centos/7/arm64 and busybox/1.36.1/arm64

root@buildd08:~# incus launch images:amazonlinux/2 test-az2
Launching test-az2
root@buildd08:~# incus launch images:centos/7/arm64 test-c7
Launching test-c7
root@buildd08:~# incus launch images:busybox/1.36.1/arm64 test-busybox
Launching test-busybox
root@buildd08:~# incus list test              
+--------------+---------+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+-----------+-----------+
|     NAME     |  STATE  |         IPV4         |                     IPV6                      |   TYPE    | SNAPSHOTS |
+--------------+---------+----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+-----------+-----------+
| test-az2     | RUNNING | 10.170.22.146 (eth0) | 2602:fc62:ffff:ffff:216:3eff:fe28:e1ad (eth0) | CONTAINER | 0         |
| test-busybox | RUNNING |                      | 2602:fc62:ffff:ffff:216:3eff:febc:349e (eth0) | CONTAINER | 0         |
| test-c7      | RUNNING | 10.170.22.158 (eth0) | 2602:fc62:ffff:ffff:216:3eff:fe5e:277b (eth0) | CONTAINER | 0         |

Busybox doesn’t have any real init scripts so it’s normal that its network isn’t brought up on start.

The other two seem to be working properly here. Note that you must be on a cgroup1 system, those two distros will not boot properly on a cgroup2 machine.