Anyone interested to build web and cli for orchestration and monitoring based on LXD

(ROKA Admin) #1

I am interested in building a simple web and cli interface for orchestration, monitoring and scaling of LXD based cluster. If interested let me know through this forum.

I have been looking at Kubernetes for a while and I feel its unnecessary complex. Technology with modern progress should make things easier but it seems with new acronyms everyday like Kubectl, Helm, ISTIO and on and on, its making things harder then it has to be. Containers were suppose to make life easier for managing application with dependencies, now it seems deployment itself is harder then the application. I think today with kubernetes it will take longer to build a CI/CD and deployment pipeline then write and manage application on baremetal cloud.

Personally I like LXD as its easier and the concepts are cleaner and by default more secure compared to docker baased containers, so thought of this.

(Bruce) #2

Potentially interested in helping to test this…

(Turtle0x1) #3

Hey take a look at my web interface here, I have deployments that take collections cloud configs and deploy them

(Bruce) #4

It’s cool, I need to get into clusters but this looks like a great way to go…