Autoexpand feature ZFS

Hi ,

i have a container with ZFS quota limit 15GB , now i want my container size to automatically get expand as disk gets near to full , i have set the auto expand feature ON (zpool set autoexpand=on ) but still when disk got full it says quota exceeded. it doesn’t expand.

@tomp @stgraber can you guys please help me into this i am stuck .

I dont understand, if you don’t want the quote to be enforced then suggest you remove the quota entirely.

is there any way to only auto expand specific container storage ?

@tomp i want the quota to be enforced but also want it to gets expands when its getting full , i am very new to this containerization world , i am sorry if it sounds illogical

I’m not sure what you mean.

The intention of a disk quota is to prevent the container from using more than its allocated disk space. If it automatically grew when the quota was reached it wouldn’t be a very good quota. :slight_smile:

You can remove the disk quota entirely from the LXD disk device and then the container will be able to use all of the available disk space in the ZFS pool.

If you’re running out of disk space on the backing loop file, then you can follow the instructions in the storage documentation showing you how to grow the backing device and then expand the pool.