Beginner question about launch Archlinux image

Hi!

Im trying to create an arch container in a recently installed lxd with:
lxc launch images:archlinux/current/amd64 arch-container

But I am getting this error:
Error: Failed instance creation: Failed getting remote image info: Failed getting image: The requested image couldn't be found

Meanwhile I am creating ubuntu container with no problem with:
lxc launch images:ubuntu/22.04 ubuntu-container

Thanks for the patience
Federico

You can list all available arch container using:

lxc image list images:archlinux

This should work:

lxc launch images:archlinux/cloud arch-container
1 Like
1 Like

Hi Steph!

I saw that. But its the second part of that link that I may not getting well when it talks about the timelines…

Ussing the suggestion of qkiel:
$ lxc image list images:archlinux

I am getting:
+-------+-------------+--------+-------------+--------------+------+------+-------------+ | ALIAS | FINGERPRINT | PUBLIC | DESCRIPTION | ARCHITECTURE | TYPE | SIZE | UPLOAD DATE | +-------+-------------+--------+-------------+--------------+------+------+-------------+
No arch images available…

I may forgot to say that I recently install lxd on an arch Linux.

You must be running LXD 5.20 on Arch, which puts you in the first group.
The first group currently only gets Ubuntu, Debian, Alpine and CentOS images, all other images are blocked.

Then starting on Monday, you’re going to be getting a completely empty image list.

Arch is in the first group because there is an official Incus package available in the repositories as well as official instructions on installing that package.

1 Like

I’m using Arch Linux and switched to Incus removing LXD completely. However incus image list gives me empty list still. incus remote ls shows https://images.linuxcontainers.org with simplestreams protocol. What can be wrong?

Try,

incus image list images:

Nevermind, for some reason default remote switched to local, so incus remote switch images fixed the problem.

OK, now I get Error: The remote isn't a private server with incus launch images:archlinux/current/amd64 arch

Nevermind, turns out remote need to be set to local