Can the architecture check of Incus be disabled on copy?

Hi all,
In my homelab, I’m happily using a combination of amd64 and arm64 machines.
My main server runs Incus on arm64. My backup server is amd64 and is also running Incus.
Both are using btrfs.

I can succesfully snapshot and copy containers between amd64 machines.
However, when I try to copy from arm64 to amd64, Incus doesn’t let me as it does an architecture check:

incus copy av backupserver:av
Error: Failed instance creation: Failed creating instance record: Requested architecture isn't supported by this host

I understand that this is a reasonable response. However, I only want to copy the containers for backup purposes, not to actually run them.
I’ve tried to figure out if there is a way to ignore this check, but I haven’t been able to find one.
Is there any way to override this behaviour, such as something like an --ignore-arch flag?

I’ve also tried only copying the storage volume, but that doesn’t work either as the volume belongs to a machine. Therefore, the following command also doesn’t work

incus storage volume copy default/av/snap1 backupserver:default/av 
Error: Storage pool not found

This makes sense, as when adding the --debug flag, it shows that it goes to the default/volumes/custom path:

etag= method=GET url="http://unix.socket/1.0/storage-pools/default/volumes/custom/av"

That should be fine to change. We certainly do want the check in a number of places (startup, creation of new instances from scratch, scheduling decisions, …) but a copy of an existing instance should be fine.

Can you file something at Issues · lxc/incus · GitHub so we can track this?

@stgraber Yes, thank you for your reply.

I’ve filed an issue on Github.