Can't copy container to another host

Hello,
I can’t copy the container to another host. I began with this article. I’ve tried:

1. Manual copy (first way in the article). After the step of lxc import I got the error:

Error: open /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/mycontainer: too many levels of symbolic links

1. Then I tried using remote coping. Destination server is avaliable on the wss port. I get an error:

Error: Failed instance creation: Error transferring instance data: Got error reading migration source: websocket: close 1000 (normal)

1. I also tried to export a container using lxc export but after the attempt to import I got the error:

Error: Create instance from backup: Error starting unpack: Process exited with non-zero value 2

LXC version on hosts: 5.2
FS: LVM

How can I copy a container?

Please can you try using LXD 5.3.

This is available in the snap candidate channel currently:

snap refresh lxd --channel=latest/candidate

Thank you. After the update and re-importing the error was shown:

Error: Failed instance creation: Error transferring instance data: Rsync send failed: clusterNode2/snap1, /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers-snapshots/clusterNode2/snap1/: [exit status 11 read unix @lxd/e9f57d63-972e-4ae6-a9d8-5b2c86a14938->@: use of closed network connection] (rsync: write failed on “/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/clusterNode2/rootfs/etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/email-ca-bundle.pem”: No space left on device (28)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(374) [receiver=3.1.3]

After increasing a disk space the problem was solved.

Ah good, the improvements to migration error reporting are working then :slight_smile: