Cluster node state is OFFLINE, message :No heartbeat for 59m27.73049981s (2021-07-16 15:49:40 +0800 CST)

Background

after forming a cluster and add a new node to it, the new node state is offline

[root@wh-lxd-01 wh]# lxc cluster list
+-----------+-------------------------+----------+--------------+----------------+-------------+---------+------------------------------------------------------------------+
|   NAME    |           URL           | DATABASE | ARCHITECTURE | FAILURE DOMAIN | DESCRIPTION |  STATE  |                             MESSAGE                              |
+-----------+-------------------------+----------+--------------+----------------+-------------+---------+------------------------------------------------------------------+
| wh-lxd-01 | https://8.96.2.217:8443 | YES      | aarch64      | default        |             | ONLINE  | Fully operational                                                |
| wh-lxd-02 | https://8.96.3.57:8443  | YES      | aarch64      | default        |             | OFFLINE | No heartbeat for 59m27.73049981s (2021-07-16 15:49:40 +0800 CST) |

I’m trying to change the 02node state to ONLINE. Where are the logs that I can get some info or how can I deal with this ?

Just a new student for lxd, hope for some help. Thanks!

Can wh-lxd-01 reach 8.96.3.57:8443?
The most common reason for such failures is some kind of firewall blocking access.

If that’s not the issue, then try running systemctl reload snap.lxd.daemon on both servers and see if that gets them talking.

Ah, you also need to make sure that both servers have their time in sync. A 5s difference is okay but you don’t want much more than that or things will get reported as offline when they may not be.

1 Like

Looks like firewall blocked, after stop iptables worked. Thanks~