Connecting OpenWRT LXC container to Netgear CM1000 WOW internet on Raspberry Pi 4

I’m having some trouble with keeping my OpenWRT LXC container connected to my ISP. If this is the wrong place to ask this sort of question I would appreciate being ported in the right direction. What I’m looking for is recommended requirements for setting up an OpenWRT container with proper storage, permissions and memory requirements to serve as a stable router/firewall for both my local network and more containers served by the Pi 4.

I followed this excellent tutorial for connecting OpenWRT LXC containers over a network. The thing I changed was that I have a USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter physically connected to the LXC container as OpenWRT’s WAN port. I was able to obtain a connection and internet for 24 hrs but it stopped working possibly when a new DHCP IP was leased or the container ran out of memory I’m not sure which. I’m using an 8 GB Pi so I don’t think memory is an issue. If I get a chance I will post the logs to see if someone can help decipher the problem.

My old ASUS AC68U configured to my ISP (WOW internet) via my Netgear CM1000 automatically via DHCP through MAC identification of which would technically make my modem the gateway correct? I think I may just call them but I’m curious if anyone has any insight into what the issue may be. I double checked all the config files and the DNS, Gateway, and MAC on my ISPs end are correct. I’m not super familiar with LXC but I’m pretty Linux savy and know my way around a router. If I can get this working I plan on making a little tutorial for the setup.