Container stuck - ZFS issue

Hi

I have the following issue moving from one server to another in my cluster. Any idea how to fix this? It seems to have been a transient issue on my server that doesn’t effect new servers but I’m still stuck with a whole lot of containers that I can’t move.

lxc mv code-live-master-4 --target=container9
Error: Migration operation failure: Delete instance operation failed: Error deleting storage volume: Failed to run: zfs destroy -r lxd-zpool/containers/code-live-master-4: cannot destroy 'lxd-zpool/containers/code-live-master-4': dataset is busy

Run grep code-live-master-4 /proc/*/mountinfo to see if anything is holding up a mount reference preventing its deletion.

Quite a lot actually. They all look as follows.

[lxc monitor] /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/[container_name]

Can you show me one of those lines from grep in full?

Oh, my mistake. I posted one that I extrapolated from the data to get the command name. Here is the raw output

/proc/1060530/mountinfo:12487 348 0:480 / /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/local/containers/code-live-master-4 rw shared:4806 - zfs lxd-zpool/containers/code-live-master-4 rw,xattr,posixacl

Okay, try: nsenter -t 1060530 -m umount /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/local/containers/code-live-master-4

1 Like

If that succeeds, attempt the delete again.

It worked! Thanks!