Control the ovn interface creation on desired cluster member

Hello all.

I would like to know if it is possible to control the ovn interface creation on a determined cluster member. Currently I have a cluster with 4 members. When I execute “incus network create ovn1 --type=ovn” I want to create it with volatile IP on server labeled ‘server1’, the second one I would like to create it on ‘server2’ cluster member. Right now i am creating and deleting the ovn interfaces repeteadly until their volatile IPs appear on the member that I want.

nmap -sP 192.168.250.0/24
Starting Nmap 7.93 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2024-02-19 22:13 UTC
Nmap scan report for 192.168.250.3
Host is up (0.00059s latency).
MAC Address: 00:16:3E:51:5A:7A (Xensource)
Nmap scan report for 192.168.250.5
Host is up (0.00044s latency).
MAC Address: 00:16:3E:06:60:C7 (Xensource)
Nmap scan report for 192.168.250.6
Host is up (0.00091s latency).
MAC Address: 00:16:3E:59:97:BF (Xensource)
Nmap scan report for 192.168.250.1
Host is up.
Nmap done: 256 IP addresses (4 hosts up) scanned in 2.00 seconds

These ones appear on same member when tried to create them on each other members instead

Is there a possibility or am I missing something with incus/ovn commands?

Regards.

OVN, especially the way it’s used by Incus assumes a shared uplink network, in which case it really doesn’t matter which particular server is the one currently handling ingress for your network (gateway chassis in OVN speech).

Whenever you create an OVN network, Incus will assign a random priority to all servers in the cluster for that particular network. Whichever cluster has the highest priority and is currently online will become the active chassis gateway for the network. If that server goes done for some reason, the second highest priority server will take over.

Noted. Thanks for the information. How about when creating forwards that may come from different cluster member’s public IP?

Anyway I am going to check or explore about that setting.

With OVN, the public IP on your host cannot be shared, addresses that can be used for network forwards, load balancers or to direct route to instances are those that are available on the uplink network.

Thanks for the information. Going to do some more practice regarding this kind of settings.