I am trying to copy a container from one host to another (running LXD 3.0.3 & 3.0.4) with the following steps:
- create new lxc [target_host]
- configure [target_host] to be available over the network (lxd init)
- host2 needs to accept ssh login with PassworAuthentification
- on [source_host] run
lxc remote add [target_host] [ip-addresse]
lxc copy [container/snapshot] [target_host]:[newcontainername]
but I am getting the below error, which seems to indicate that the [source_host] server also needs to be configured to “listen” over the network.
$ lxc copy [container] [target_host]:[container_name] Error: The source server isn't listening on the network
- how can I enable listening over the network on an existing LDX daemon? Do I need to carefully re-run ‘lxd init’ or ist there any other way to do this?
- can you switch that feature on an off?