Debian 11 container doesn't get IPv4 address

Hi all,

on my VPS I’m running openSUSE Leap 15.3 with LXD 4.21.
I want to setup a mailserver running in a Debian 11 container, but when I launch an instance from “images:debian/11”, the container doesn’t get an IP address. When I start the cloud version of the Debian 11 image, the instance can obtain an IP address:

user@host:~> lxc list
+------------------+---------+---------------------+------+-----------+-----------+
|       NAME       |  STATE  |        IPV4         | IPV6 |   TYPE    | SNAPSHOTS |
+------------------+---------+---------------------+------+-----------+-----------+
| debian11-cloud   | RUNNING | 10.49.82.117 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| debian11-default | RUNNING |                     |      | CONTAINER | 0         |

Do you have any clue, why the default container can’t obtain an IPv4 address?

Thanks and BR,
sandman

“images:debian/11” is missing /etc/network/interfaces file
while “images:debian/11/cloud” have it populated by cloud-init

Cool, thanks for your hint. So I’ll to reinstall ifupdown and it should be good…

Alright, I downloaded “ifupdown_0.8.36_amd64.deb”, pushed it to the container and installed it… Network is now running fine :slight_smile: Thanks again!