Default lxd bridge. No ip ubuntu 22.04

Hi! im using LXD on ubuntu 22.04. Snap package. Ive run the lxd init a long time a go and created the default lxdbr0 bridge. Ive never used it because i use macvlan. But now i want to use it. Launched a new ubuntu 22.04 container. assigned the default profile. But no ip. What am i doing wrong? the netplan config doesnt have any bridge.

@faltaren are you running Docker on the same host as LXD?

No docker installed at all. Ever.

-------- Originalmeddelande --------
Den 17 mars 2023 16:40, k4my4b via Linux Containers Forum < noreply@discuss.linuxcontainers.org> skrev:
 k4my4b
March 17
@faltaren are you running Docker on the same host as LXD?
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
Previous Replies
 faltaren
March 17
Hi! im using LXD on ubuntu 22.04. Snap package. Ive run the lxd init a long time a go and created the default lxdbr0 bridge. Ive never used it because i use macvlan. But now i want to use it. Launched a new ubuntu 22.04 container. assigned the default profile. But no ip. What am i doing wrong? the netplan config doesnt have any bridge.
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

@faltaren
Need more info can you elaborate a bit more. (bare in mind the default bridge is only local, in case by “no ip” you mean no dhcp lease from your router)

lxc network ls
ip -br a

@k4my4b

----±------------±--------±--------+
| lxdbr0 | bridge | YES | 10.12.13.1/24 | fd42:4fe:e942:79bd::1/64 | | 2 | CREATED |
±----------------±---------±--------

lxdbr0 UP 10.12.13.1/24 fd42:4fe:e942:79bd::1/64 fe80::

None? im so lost here. Host is ubuntu 22.04. Tried containers with both ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 same issue.

Edit. Also tried on debian bullseye. Same. So ip isnt beeing assigned at all from lxd.

https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/docs/master/howto/network_bridge_firewalld/

Ive missed the rules. added all 3 and now it works.

1 Like