Error: Device validation failed for "root": Failed loading device "root": Unsupported device type

Hi fellow techies.
I recently try and set containers on Raspberry Pi 4 8GB version with 32bit installed OS on.
btw I use arch
Wanted to create small test server as a test digital battlefield to learn containers and server stuff without involvement of my main machine.
So I faced this problem below when tried set image of archlinux I was thinking was suitable for my 32bit Raspberry Arch version I have installed on the device.

$ sudo lxc launch images:archlinux/current/armhf ArchPSQL
Creating ArchPSQL
Error: Failed instance creation: Failed creating instance record: Failed initialising instance: Invalid devices: Failed detecting root disk device: No root device could be found
$ sudo lxc profile show default
config: {}
description: Default LXD profile
devices: {}
name: default
used_by: []
$ sudo lxc profile device add default root dist path=/ pool=default
Error: Device validation failed for "root": Failed loading device "root": Unsupported device type

So maybe any of you will notice something that I missed or did wrong so far.
To be noted that I don’t have too much experience with containers at all, I just barely started with LXD.

What’s lxc storage list showing you?

1 Like

This is print out. First I tired to set own pool which is ArchServPool, then I’ve read here on forum that I need to set default also path for root.

$ sudo lxc storage list
+--------------+-------------+--------+-----------------------------------------+---------+
|     NAME     | DESCRIPTION | DRIVER |                 SOURCE                  | USED BY |
+--------------+-------------+--------+-----------------------------------------+---------+
| ArchServPool |             | dir    | /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/ArchServPool | 0       |
| default      |             | dir    | /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/default      | 0       |

Oh, I see the issue, you type dist instead of disk.

1 Like

Yes. I see it too now.

$ sudo lxc profile device add default root disk path=/ pool=default

is correct.
Thank you. :smiley: