Error: Failed instance creation: Failed creating instance record: Requested architecture isn't supported by this host

Hi!
Im trying to move a container from incus on Ubuntu 22.04 (x86)to incus on debian bookworm (arm).
I get this message “Error: Failed instance creation: Failed creating instance record: Requested architecture isn’t supported by this host”

command is "incus move local:CONTAINER debianhost:CONTAINER

What am i missing?

The system containers rely on the architecture of the host. That is, the binaries in the container are x86-64, while the destination requires the container binaries to be arm64. Hence, the error message.

You would need to recreate the container on the destination Incus with the content of the original container.

So im screwed? I need to create a new container and reinstall everything? Ofc configs etc will work.

It shouldn’t be too difficult. Normally you would keep notes of the installation and configuration. And moving them to the new container should be doable.

Personally I had a system with 1) container with mysql, 2) several containers with websites+wordpress.
On a new system, I created new respective containers. And 1) restored the backup of the DB, 2) restored the WordPress installation after taking backup with one of those new plugins that backups everything.
I would not keep those old containers, need fresh ones.

1 Like