Error Launching Instances - No suitable cluster member could be found

I’m migrating from XCP-NG to Incus and I’m starting with a single host. I set it up in cluster mode with the intention of adding other nodes as I migrate VMs over.

I have 4 instances running but now when I attempt to launch an instance I’m getting the following:
Error: Failed instance creation: No suitable cluster member could be found

Huh? I have one host with 4 running instances. An incus cluster list shows that everything looks fine:

+-----------+---------------------------+-----------------+--------------+----------------+-------------+--------+-------------------+
|   NAME    |            URL            |      ROLES      | ARCHITECTURE | FAILURE DOMAIN | DESCRIPTION | STATE  |      MESSAGE      |
+-----------+---------------------------+-----------------+--------------+----------------+-------------+--------+-------------------+
| incus-hp1 | https://192.168.0.14:8443 | database-leader | x86_64       | default        |             | ONLINE | Fully operational |
|           |                           | database        |              |                |             |        |                   |

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks!

EDIT: Figured it out. I’m attaching the physical network device to my instances so they get an IP from my local network. That part works fine. I migrated my local DNS service to an Incus instance.

Works great! Except that the host can’t access the instance via their 192 addresses. The host was using the IP of the dns server instance. So because the host couldn’t reach the instance via IP the DNS wasn’t working on the host. That’s why it went fine until I migrated my DNS service to Incus,

Quick fix was to set the host DNS to an external IP instead.