version: “1”
remote: false
- name: lvm
version: 2.03.07(2) (2019-11-30) / 1.02.167 (2019-11-30) / 4.43.0
remote: false
- name: ceph
version: 15.2.13
remote: true

> lxc list                                                                                                                                                                                                        
> +--------------+---------+----------------------+------+-----------+-----------+                                                                                                                                  
> |     NAME     |  STATE  |         IPV4         | IPV6 |   TYPE    | SNAPSHOTS |
> +--------------+---------+----------------------+------+-----------+-----------+
> | controller-0 | RUNNING | 10.82.140.178 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
> | controller-1 | RUNNING | 10.82.140.60 (eth0)  |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
> | controller-2 | RUNNING | 10.82.140.94 (eth0)  |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
> | haproxy      | RUNNING | 10.82.140.5 (eth0)   |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
> | worker-0     | RUNNING | 10.82.140.253 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
> | worker-1     | RUNNING | 10.82.140.200 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
> | worker-2     | RUNNING | 10.82.140.8 (eth0)   |      | CONTAINER | 0         |

> lxc remote list
> +-----------------+------------------------------------------+---------------+-------------+--------+--------+--------+
> |      NAME       |                   URL                    |   PROTOCOL    |  AUTH TYPE  | PUBLIC | STATIC | GLOBAL |
> +-----------------+------------------------------------------+---------------+-------------+--------+--------+--------+
> | images          | https://images.linuxcontainers.org       | simplestreams | none        | YES    | NO     | NO     |
> | local (current) | unix://                                  | lxd           | file access | NO     | YES    | NO     |
> | ubuntu          | https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases | simplestreams | none        | YES    | YES    | NO     |
> | ubuntu-daily    | https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/daily    | simplestreams | none        | YES    | YES    | NO     |
> +-----------------+------------------------------------------+---------------+-------------+--------+--------+--------+s

If you run the lxc file push command manually outside of the script does it work?

Also this is an invalid invocation of the command.

lxc file push help shows:

lxc file push
Description:
  Push files into instances

Usage:
  lxc file push <source path> [<remote>:]<instance>/<path> [[<remote>:]<instance>/<path>...] [flags]

So you can only provide 1 source file path, not multiple. You can specify multiple destinations for the file.

This is likely the problem.

Although now I’m not so sure, just tried it with multiple source files and it worked fine, suggesting the documentation is invalid.

I just tried your script and couldn’t recreate the issue.

I’ve opened:

to clarify this issue.

I’ve got confirmation that the documentation is at fault and the command works as you originally expected it to. (i.e multiple source files, a single target)

As for the original problem, I’d like to see the exact command fail when run manually outside of the script.

Can confirm that outside of the loop when I type it manually it works.

@tomp Could you please clarify if the script(for loop) works on your end?

Alright, appologise for bothering you. Now I just noticed that script which I was using had additonal colon:

for instance in worker-0 worker-1 worker-2; do
lxc file push ca.pem ${instance}-key.pem ${instance}.pem ${instance}:/root/
done

That’ll do it :slight_smile:
Don’t worry, it allowed me to find the documentation issue.