"ERROR: Unable to fetch GPG key from keyserver" happening more often lately

Hey just a note that I’ve been running into alot of issues with GPG Key Servers recently. I had to recode Orabuntu-LXC to make it more bulletproof as shown below. Previously (like say 6 months ago) I didn’t need to specify any keyserver, it just worked without specifying keyserver. This month however I had to start specifying keyserver.ubuntu.com but then I found that sometimes fails too.

I’ve had generally really good results with hkp://p80.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 but even that fails now and then unexpectedly, so I added the “bazooka” of --no-validate as the method of last resort which always works of course.

Just wondering what the state of play on keyservers is atm in LXC/LXD land … thanks

while [ $ContainerCreated -eq 0 ] && [ $n -le 5 ]
do
	sudo lxc-create -t download -n oel$OracleRelease$SeedPostfix -- --dist oracle --release $MajorRelease --arch amd64 --keyserver hkp://p80.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80

if [ $? -ne 0 ]
	then
		sudo lxc-create -t download -n oel$OracleRelease$SeedPostfix -- --dist oracle --release $MajorRelease --arch amd64 --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80

if [ $? -ne 0 ]
		then
			sudo lxc-create -t download -n oel$OracleRelease$SeedPostfix -- --dist oracle --release $MajorRelease --arch amd64 --no-validate
		fi
	fi

sleep 5
            n=$((n+1))
            ContainerCreated=$(ConfirmContainerCreated)
    done

FYI had to add a bit more lines of code to ensure that these fallbacks worked properly for the case of failure of a previous attempt, for example:

sudo lxc-stop -n oel$OracleRelease$SeedPostfix -k
sudo lxc-destroy -n oel$OracleRelease$SeedPostfix
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/lxc/oel$OracleRelease$SeedPostfix
sudo lxc-create -t download -n oel$OracleRelease$SeedPostfix – --dist oracle – blah blah blah