Fail detecting root disk device

I installed LXD not using snap mainly due to the fact that I do not wish to have snapd on my system which I was aable to do just fine and after I did run the sudo lxd init and answered all the questions no problems but when I found an image that I wanted to use finally I used sudo lxc launch [image name] [container name=u1] which produced the following error: “Error: Failed instance creation: Failed creating instance record: Failed initialising instance: Failed getting root disk: No root device could be found”. I did a bit of research on this and found that I needed to add the root device to the default profile which finally allowed me to do so but only after switching over to the root user account even though I was using the sudo prefix with the admin user account. Once I added the root device to the default profile I then tried to run the lxc launch command again still as the root user and recieved this error: “Error: Failed instance creation: Failed creating instance record: Failed initialising instance: Failed loading storage pool: Storage pool not found”. I then still as the root user ran the lxd init command and again answered all of the questions all with the exact same answers as before and the run the lxc launch command again as the root user still and finally got the following error message:
“Error: Failed to run: /usr/bin/lxd forkstart u1 /var/lib/lxd/containers /var/log/lxd/u1/lxc.conf: exit status 1
Try lxc info --show-log local:u1 for more info”. I cat that log file out and find the following contents: " lxc.log.file = /var/log/lxd/u1/lxc.log
lxc.log.level = warn
lxc.console.buffer.size = auto
lxc.console.size = auto
lxc.console.logfile = /var/log/lxd/u1/console.log
lxc.sched.core = 1
lxc.mount.auto = proc:rw sys:rw cgroup:rw:force
lxc.autodev = 1
lxc.pty.max = 1024
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/fuse dev/fuse none bind,create=file,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/net/tun dev/net/tun none bind,create=file,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/firmware/efi/efivars sys/firmware/efi/efivars none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/fs/fuse/connections sys/fs/fuse/connections none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/fs/pstore sys/fs/pstore none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/kernel/config sys/kernel/config none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/kernel/debug sys/kernel/debug none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/kernel/security sys/kernel/security none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/kernel/tracing sys/kernel/tracing none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/mqueue dev/mqueue none rbind,create=dir,optional 0 0
lxc.include = /usr/share/lxc/config/common.conf.d/
lxc.arch = linux64
lxc.hook.version = 1
lxc.hook.pre-start = /proc/2722/exe callhook /var/lib/lxd “default” “u1” start
lxc.hook.stop = /usr/bin/lxd callhook /var/lib/lxd “default” “u1” stopns
lxc.hook.post-stop = /usr/bin/lxd callhook /var/lib/lxd “default” “u1” stop
lxc.tty.max = 0
lxc.uts.name = u1
lxc.mount.entry = /var/lib/lxd/devlxd dev/lxd none bind,create=dir 0 0
lxc.apparmor.profile = unconfined
lxc.seccomp.profile = /var/lib/lxd/security/seccomp/u1
lxc.idmap = u 0 1000000 1000000000
lxc.idmap = g 0 1000000 1000000000
lxc.mount.auto = shmounts:/var/lib/lxd/shmounts/u1:/dev/.lxd-mounts
lxc.net.0.type = phys
lxc.net.0.name = eth0
lxc.net.0.flags = up
lxc.net.0.link = veth189a4c40
lxc.net.0.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:58:0a:13
lxc.rootfs.path = dir:/var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/u1/rootfs
lxc.rootfs.options = idmap=container". I am sure I am not doing something correct but I just can’t seem to see it! Any advice?