This year’s edition of FOSDEM will once again feature a containers devroom.
This is a great occasion for users and developers of Linux container technologies to meet and hear about the exciting work that’s going on in the field.
FOSDEM 2021 will be over the weekend of the 6th and 7th of February.
This will be an online event rather than the usual on-site event in Brussels.
FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:
- get in touch with other developers and projects;
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world;
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world;
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers;
- to promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions.
Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organizers gratefully accept donations and sponsorship.
The container devroom will be running all day on Sunday, exact time and timezone to be clarified in the near future.
We’re looking for talk or demo proposals in one of the following 3 sizes:
- 10 minutes (e.g. short demo)
- 20 minutes (e.g. project update)
- 30 minutes (e.g. introduction to new technology or deep dive into complex feature)
In all cases, allow for at least 5 minutes of questions (10 minutes preferred for the 30 minutes slots). In general, shorter content will be more likely to get approved as we want to cover a wide range of topics.
Note that all talks will have to be pre-recorded and uploaded to the platform prior to the event. The Q&A part and follow up discussions with attendees will happen live through video-conferencing or chat.
We’re looking for anything container related, this includes low level kernel development going on to support containers, container runtime work and higher level container management tools.
This isn’t a Linux-only event, containers exist on other operating systems and we’d love to hear about those too!
Proposals should be sent through the FOSDEM scheduling system at: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM21/
Make sure to select the “containers” devroom. Note that if you submitted a proposal to FOSDEM in the past, you can re-use your existing account rather than register a new one.
We’ll accept proposals for the devroom until the 22nd of December 2020.
- Submission deadline: 22nd December 2020
- Announcement of selected talks: 31st December 2020
- Submission of recorded talks: Sunday, January 17th 2021
- Devroom date: Sunday 7th February 2021