This year’s edition of FOSDEM will once again feature a containers devroom.
This is a great occasion for users and developers of Linux container technologies to meet and hear about the exciting work that’s going on in the field.
FOSDEM 2024 will be over the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of February in Brussels, Belgium.
FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:
- get in touch with other developers and projects;
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world;
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world;
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers;
- to promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions.
Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organizers gratefully accept donations and sponsorship.
The container devroom will be running all day on Saturday, exact time and timezone to be clarified in the near future.
We’re looking for talk or demo proposals in one of the following 3 sizes:
- 10 minutes (e.g. short demo)
- 20 minutes (e.g. project update)
- 30 minutes (e.g. introduction to new technology or deep dive into complex feature)
In all cases, allow for at least 5 minutes of questions (10 minutes preferred for the 30 minutes slots). In general, shorter content will be more likely to get approved as we want to cover a wide range of topics.
We’re looking for anything container related, this includes low level kernel development going on to support containers, container runtime work and higher level container management tools.
This isn’t a Linux-only event, containers exist on other operating systems and we’d love to hear about those too!
Proposals should be sent through the FOSDEM scheduling system at: FOSDEM 2024 :: pretalx
Make sure to select the “containers” devroom and to include the talk duration in the submission notes.
- Submission deadline: 10th December 2023
- Final schedule announcement: 15th December 2023
- Devroom: 3rd February 2024