How to do (optionally live) migration of container to the different node?
The case - multiple Ubuntu 18.04/20.04 LTS servers, latest LXD from snap,
routed network with public IPs on all containers. I need to migrate container from one server to another with a minimal downtime or (via CRIU) with no downtime and saving all states including network if it’s possible.
OpenVZ has this algorithms:
- copy/sync files while container is running
- stop (or suspend) container
- sync changed delta files (and RAM, kernel and network state via CRIU in case of “live” migration)
- run/resume container
- container is running on the new node (all network connections are not broken if CRIU was used)
- optional removing files from old node in background
Is it possible to have similar scenario with LXD?