How to move/change default pool location to home directory

Hai All,
I’ve installed lxd and lxc in Kali linux as host os in baremetal. Suddenly I can’t update my kali linux system because my /var partition which is default location for storage pool or where lxd save file *.img is grow up and I’ve got zero in my var parititon.

The question is how to move or change default location pool image in my system in /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/disks and file name default.img save in disks directory to my home direktory, look my SS below, I want to move from green arrow to red arrow point to my home partition, how? I can’t find relevan tutorial relevan for my question on the internet.
If lxc i can use option -p to point root directory for my lxc container example lxc-ls -P /home/lxc/ -f, how do this in lxd?

Thank You in Advance
Best regards,
Afiad

You could move /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/disks to /home/disks, then put a bind-mount in place in your /etc/fstab (/home/disks /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/disks none bind 0 0), then reboot your system to have it apply properly.

But keep in mind that your home directory in this case isn’t exactly huge either so space may still be a problem for you.

1 Like

Thank you very much Sir, it’s working and solved my problem. Thank you