Incus container starts but without network (after reboot host)

Hi all,

When i reboot my host there is always 1 container that boots but has no network. The container that has this problem is always different and only after a reboot of the host. If i reboot the container then it will start ok.

What could be the problem? i dont know where to search. I have plenty of hardware resource. i run about 4 vm machines and 15 containers.

kind regards,

Chris

Hey there @ckruijntjens
As I interpret it you are encountering an intermittent issue where one of your containers fails to connect to the network after a host reboot but starts successfully after a container reboot. To troubleshoot this problem:

1. Check the network configuration for the affected container to ensure it’s correctly set up.
  2. Review the networking setup on your host machine for any changes or issues.
  3. Examine the logs of the affected container for error messages related to networking.
  4. Monitor resource usage on your host machine during reboots to identify any resource contention.
  5. Make sure your host machine’s software, including the operating system and Docker, is up to date.
  6. Consider whether there are any patterns or dependencies among your containers that could be influencing the issue.
  7. Try isolating the problem by rebooting the host with only the affected container running.

By systematically investigating these areas, you should be able to pinpoint the cause of the network issue and take appropriate action to resolve it. If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out for help.