INCUS - Error while adding metrics certificate into INCUS

Hi,

I migrated from LXD to INCUS some days ago.
Now I want to re-inlcude my host inside prometheus, but I’ve got a probleme when I try to add the metrics certificate into INCUS trust store.

I strictly follow the guide from the documentation : How to monitor metrics - Incus documentation
but when I run
incus config trust add metrics.crt --type=metrics
it answer me :
Error: unknown flag: --type

I removed the --type flag, but prometheus can’t authenticate, it says server returned HTTP status 403 Forbidden

So I disabled the metrics authentication with incus config set core.metrics_authentication false and Prometheus can connect to the metrics API.

I tried on 2 host, one with fresh Debian 12 + INCUS, the other on Ubutun + LXD to INCUS.

What can I do ?

root@hote2:~# incus config trust list
+---------+-------------+---------------+--------------+------------------------------+------------------------------+
|  TYPE   |    NAME     |  COMMON NAME  | FINGERPRINT  |          ISSUE DATE          |         EXPIRY DATE          |
+---------+-------------+---------------+--------------+------------------------------+------------------------------+
| metrics | metrics.crt | metrics.local | bd6447e59577 | Oct 15, 2022 at 7:18am (UTC) | Oct 12, 2032 at 7:18am (UTC) |
incus --version
root@hote2:~# dpkg -l |grep incus
ii  incus                                 0.2-202311141735-ubuntu22.04            amd64        Incus -  Container and virtualization daemon

You want trust add-certificate instead.

I’ll send a fix to the docs.

1 Like