The LXC team is pleased to announce the release of LXC 5.0.1!
This is the first bugfix release for LXC 5.0 which is supported until June 2027.
As usual this bugfix releases focus on stability and hardening.
Some of the highlights for this release are:
- Fixed a mount issue resulting in container startup failure when host bind-mounts were used
- Various meson packaging fixes especially around libcap detection
The full list of commits is available below:
- meson: Generate compile commands by iterating over an array
- Fix uninitialized read in parse_cap when libcap is not used
- use systemd dbus StartTransientUnit for unpriv cgroup2
- fix for issue 4026: set broadcast to 0.0.0.0 for /31 and /32
- conf: log file descriptors on error during idmapped mount setup
- start: don’t overwrite file descriptors during namespace preservation
- start: record inherited namespaces earlier to make it available for idmapped rootfs setup
- conf: fix append_ttyname()
- start: fix namespace sharing
- add check for statvfs
- Fix off-by-one error constructing mount options
- Store mount options in correct variable
- meson: add remaining still-in-use config checks
- src/lxc/log.h: fix STRERROR_R_CHAR_P
- meson.build: fix build with -Dcapabilities=false
- meson.build: fix build without stack-protector
- README: update security mails
The LXC 5.0 branch is supported until June 2027.
Only bugfixes and securitiy issues get included into the stable bugfix releases, so it’s always safe and recommended to keep up and run the latest bugfix release.