Lxc inside lxd managed container (nested with AppArmor)

Can an lxc container with AppArmor be run inside an lxd managed container (nested)?
I cannot get proxmox’s lxc-start inside the lxd container to work if I am using lxc.apparmor.profile = generated.
Any tips or hints if this is possible are appreciated.

dmesg:

[21952.109905] audit: type=1400 audit(1648839251.313:1885): apparmor="STATUS" info="failed to unpack end of profile" error=-71 namespace="root//lxd-deb11pve_<var-lib-lxd>" profile="/usr/bin/lxc-start" name="lxc-103_</var/lib/lxc>" pid=947129 comm="apparmor_parser" name="lxc-103_</var/lib/lxc>" offset=151
root@deb11pve:~# lxc-start -n 103 -F -l DEBUG -o /tmp/lxc-103.log 
lxc-start: 103: cgroups/cgroup2_devices.c: bpf_program_load_kernel: 332 Operation not permitted - Failed to load bpf program: (null) 
lxc-start: 103: sync.c: sync_wait: 34 An error occurred in another process (expected sequence number 4) 
lxc-start: 103: start.c: __lxc_start: 2068 Failed to spawn container "103" 
lxc-start: 103: lsm/apparmor.c: remove_apparmor_namespace: 883 No such file or directory - Error removing AppArmor namespace 
lxc-start: 103: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 306 The container failed to start 
lxc-start: 103: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 311 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options
root@deb11pve:~# aa-status 
apparmor module is loaded. 
8 profiles are loaded. 
8 profiles are in enforce mode. 
  /usr/bin/lxc-start 
  lsb_release 
  lxc-container-default 
  lxc-container-default-cgns 
  lxc-container-default-with-mounting 
  lxc-container-default-with-nesting 
  nvidia_modprobe 
  nvidia_modprobe//kmod 
0 profiles are in complain mode. 
0 processes have profiles defined. 
0 processes are in enforce mode. 
0 processes are in complain mode. 
0 processes are unconfined but have a profile defined.

Background:

I am essentially trying to run proxmox inside an unprivileged lxd container (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_11_Bullsey).

Virtual machines in proxmox run without any problems and so do lxc containers if either I hide AppArmor or switch the lxc container in proxmox from lxc.apparmor.profile = generated to lxc.apparmor.profile: lxc-container-default-cgns.

I am aware that this is an unusual setup and that can cause quite a lot of problems but I do want to test the limits of nested container and AppArmor stacking.

EDIT:

I test a few more setups:

Archlinux host with AppArmor and running an lxd arch Linux container.
Inside this lxd container, I got both Alpine as well as Debian 11 working inside lxc (with lxc.apparmor.profile = generated).

lxc-create -n alp -t /usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-download -- --dist alpine --release 3.15 --arch amd64

lxc-create -n deb -t /usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-download -- --dist debian --release bullseye --arch amd64 --no-validate

Same setup but Debian 11 running inside lxd arch Linux container.
Alpine Linux does work but Debian does not since systemd fails:

Failed to mount tmpfs at /dev/shm: Permission denied
apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match"  

Got (lxc.apparmor.profile = generated) working with the following change:
Inside the Debian/Proxmox lxd contianer I editied /etc/apparmor/parser.conf:

compile-features=/usr/share/apparmor-features/features

and changed it to:

compile-features=/usr/share/apparmor-features/features.stock

This seems to be required since proxmox lxc relies on ubuntu kernel AppArmor patches that my host Arch Linux Kernel does not have.
features.stock is the file that is provided by Debian and that works with my Arch Linux Kernel.