I just enabled automated snapshots and I was wondering if anyone could provide any safe recommendations for the values of the different parameters.
My current values are:
lxc config set c1 snapshots.expiry “1w”
lxc config set c1 snapshots.schedule “1 * * * *”
lxc config set c1 snapshots.schedule.stopped false
lxc config set c1 snapshots.pattern “snapshot-%d”
- Is it possible to specify an alternative destination/target drive/pool for snapshots?
- How hard does it get on the storage I/O? I am worried about snapshots for DB containers.
- Any example of a slightly more sophisticated pongo2 pattern?
- Is there any reason not to I include this on the default profile so it’s used by every running container?
- Is there a way to deleted expired snapshots “to a point”? (for example, stopped containers would produce no new snapshots, hence after a week, those will be deleted and none will remain, is there a way to keep, let’s say, the last 10 snapshots, even if expired?)