LXD Breaking After Upgrade From 16.04 to 18.04

Kinda stumped on this one. I recently upgraded my LXD host from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04. After this, my ZFS datasets when running my containers are now missing.

I believe they should be located in /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/lxd/containers/“container name”/ but this is empty now

I see that my roofs is still in /var/lib/lxd/containers/“container name”/ but im lost as to where my pools went to.

Keep in mind i am pretty much a linux noob and have not done an upgrade like this before.

To perform the upgrade on my VPS i used script /dev/null and do-release-upgrade in my terminal session.

Update:
I moved my LXD files into the snap location. LXD is still having issues trying to find the dataset in /var/snap/lxd/storage-pools/lxd/containers/“container name”

perhaps i should be copying the rootfs from var/snap/containers into that containers directory listed above or use a symbolic link from that path?

Did you run lxd.migrate to complete the migration from deb to snap?

I did not. Ill give it a go as i didnt know i was going to need to do that…
Would you think that upgrading to the snap version prior to the system upgrade would help as well?

It was not clear from your post which versions of LXD you had installed.

I would have assumed that you had the Deb package all along. But you make a reference to a directory that relates to the snap package. Did you separately switch to the snap package before/after the upgrade?

So i probably did it completely wrong, but i had done it post upgrade which does not work
I restored and did snap install lxd and then lxd.migrate
this goes well for a little bit until it goes to start the destination LXD and then it times out
previous version was LXD 2.0.7 or something like that.

So the issue that i am running into now is when im doing lxd.migrate, the process will go through to the end and will timeout when its trying to run LXD at the end.
Do we have to manually change the mount points with zfs for it to work?

My understanding is that when you have LXD installed from a Deb package, you install the snap package and then you lxd.migrate.
When you run lxd.migrate, LXD should be in working order (as Deb package).
Failing that, you need to figure out the remaining tasks of the migration. I did not get a migration failure yet and did not have to figure out how to deal with a migration failure.
Perhaps someone else should add some input here.