LXD is no longer part of the Linux Containers project

Though hardly can get the real Story between the lines, statements sound very apologetic to community and everyone., wonder why?

It got a bit messy, but give it a chance, they might overcome the migration issues.

I don’t have a canonical account and can’t use third party like google or github. So, not going through an extra registration there.

Somewhat related to this announcement, there now is:
https://stgraber.org/2023/07/10/time-to-move-on/

Dear Stéphane Graber,

I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for your contributions to the development of LXD and LXC. Your hard work and dedication to these projects have made a significant impact on the community and have provided valuable resources for many users, including myself.

While I’m sorry to hear that you have resigned from Canonical, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your contributions and wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Your expertise and knowledge will be missed, but I have no doubt that you will continue to excel and achieve great things in your future projects.

Thank you again for everything you’ve done, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything I can do to support you in the future.

Warm regards,

Salem Yaslem

5 Likes

Sad news!
Will miss your interactions with community members.

Sadly, the Fall started much earlier, when this promising project had to be sacrificed to save the failed project Snap.

Sad! Thank you very much Stéphane & the LXD team for everything. I have been using LXD for a long time and the current LTS version is very robust.

I’m not sure about the future of LXD with this major change. Shocked by the news from Canonical.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:
Thank you very much team for the great work. I hope this project stays great and keeps growing and succeeding.

Hmm, the link works fine for me: LXD - Ubuntu Community Hub

sorry, my bad.