LXD Network Bridge gives internal IP address

I’m currently trying to get 192.168.1.x IPs so I can run a network file share over LAN.
When I set a profile like this:
config: {}
description: Default LXD profile
devices:
eth0:
nictype: bridged
parent: lxdbr0
type: nic
name: default

However, here is the IP of the created instance:
±-----------±--------±----------------------±----------------------------------------------±----------±----------+
| NAME | STATE | IPV4 | IPV6 | TYPE | SNAPSHOTS |
±-----------±--------±----------------------±----------------------------------------------±----------±----------+
| smb-server | RUNNING | 10.106.111.174 (eth0) | fd42:cafb:5037:289c:216:3eff:fe91:a44e (eth0) | CONTAINER | 0 |

Currently, lxdbr0 is the network bridge created by LXD, so why is this not working as intended? Checking ifconfig, lxbr0 has a 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ip address to, so I guess that makes sense, but why does the auto configured and managed network bridge have this issue?
As, apologies for the bad formatting, the code block does not appear to be working?

You must create bridge interface in your host os, example bridge0 then put bridge0 to parent: brige0 in your LXD profile. Bridge interface in your host os can has ip address the same subnet with your host ip address.

If you have lxdbr0 as a 192.168.1.x/24 and an eth0 as 192.168.1.y/24 and a container as 192.168.1.z/24, then you’ll probably need an explicit route on the host to send packets to the container.

Thank you for the reply. I decided to use netplan to create a bridge.

Trying to understand why the hard requirement for 192.168.1.x!

As long as you understand routing, you can use any of the RFC1918 subnets to accomplish this.