LXD network config problems

Hallo!

I’m trying to migrate my lxc containers to lxd and I have problems with network configuration. I was able to get ipv4 and ipv6 addresses into lxd config using

lxc config device set nagios eth0 ipv4.address 10.xx.xx.xx/16 and
lxc config device set nagios eth0 ipv6.address 2001:db8:xx::xx/64

but unlike lxc containers these addresses were not automatically propagated to container in lxd. I did not find options to set default gateways for ipv4/6. Should I use lxc.raw to set these parameters?

Is there any documentation where all lxd configuration options are described (similar to man
page for lxc.container.conf)?

Best regards

check out the doc
Scroll down until ‘ipv4.address’. You shall see in the fifth column (used by) the values (bridged, ipvlan).
what it means is that this command does not work for other network types (such as macvlan)

Huge thanks for the link to the parameters table! This is what I was looking for!

to be frank, I posted almost the same thing a few days ago and the receiver was very happy too.

Maybe adding a few links to the docs in the blue header block ot this forum could be useful ? there is some available space to the right of the github links

lxc issues --> “link” LXC docs -> “link”
lxd issues --> “link” LXD docs -> “link”

Doc could be in bold as it’s more important for beginners

Forum admins, what do you think ?

1 Like

I am also in the process of reworking the nic docs to make more clear which params are relevant for each nic type as that table is getting a bit unwieldy now.

Err, sorry, I’m not a fan. The existing page needs no less than 28 scroll down to read using my screen and your effort will make it longer. Books are turned into scrolls in modern documentation, how about writing them on papyrus instead of electrons</grumpy rant>

That was grumpy :blush:

I will add some anchor links in the NIC Type breakdown table so you can click a type to take you to the specific properties tables for that type.

That way you can follow links from Device Types (left hand side), then nic (in the table link) then nictype.

Hopefully that will balance improving clarity of which properties are available to which nictype without requiring users who know where they want to go to have to scroll a lot. :slight_smile:

Nice :slight_smile: !