This post is a gathering of resources/links (with brief annotations describing what they’re for) related to the Linux Container Hypervisor, LXD.
- The seminal LXD 2.0 intro by core developer @stgraber: https://stgraber.org/2016/03/11/lxd-2-0-introduction-to-lxd-112/ - contains lots of general information about maintaining LXD containers, setting up LXD, networking, filesystems, and many other things. Pretty close to comprehensive documentation on LXD.
- How to initialize LXD: https://blog.simos.info/how-to-initialize-lxd-again/
- LXD, ZFS, and Bridged Networking on Ubuntu 16.04+ by @jasonbayton: https://bayton.org/2016/05/lxd-zfs-and-bridged-networking-on-ubuntu-16-04-lts/
- Canonical: https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/ubuntu-advantage/service-description#lxd-guest-support - you can get paid support for LXD deployments as part of Ubuntu Advantage.
Other LXD Communities
- Subreddit for LXD: https://www.reddit.com/r/LXD/
- On the Ubuntu Help site: https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/lxd.html - a good, fairly comprehensive intro to LXD
LXD on Non-Ubuntu Linux Distros
- Configuring LXD on ArchLinux: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LXD
- Getting started with LXD on Fedora: https://linuxmonk.ch/wordpress/index.php/2016/getting-started-with-lxd-on-fedora/
- Getting stared with LXD on Debian + : https://stgraber.org/2017/01/18/lxd-on-debian/
For Wiki editors:
- Links here should be resources which are not specifically about “legacy” LXC.
- Please delete or deprecate (move to the bottom in a separate section) any articles/links that are (1) dead (inaccessible) for more than a few days (notifying the webmaster might help); (2) are for an unsupported (obsolete) version of LXD. Supported version of LXD is defined as one that is receiving at least security updates (if not also bug-fix updates), either from upstream (Canonical/Ubuntu) or from a third-party distro package maintainer.