Managed network and dnsmasq syslog entries

Dear community members of this awesome piece of software that is LXD/LXC,

I am using network managed bridge interfaces, projects from LXD to manage LXC containers some of which are set with static IP, on Debian.

I noticed a lot of dnsmasq-dhcp log entries (using rsyslog). For instance:

May 23 21:38:06 razuberi dnsmasq-dhcp[2842]: Ignoring domain tools for DHCP host name zigbee2mqtt
May 23 21:43:37 razuberi dnsmasq-dhcp[2842]: Ignoring domain tools for DHCP host name nodered
May 23 21:59:50 razuberi dnsmasq-dhcp[2842]: Ignoring domain tools for DHCP host name homeassistant
May 23 21:59:58 razuberi dnsmasq-dhcp[2842]: Ignoring domain tools for DHCP host name adguardhome

In the above, tools is the name of a project while zigbee2mqtt, nodered and so on are names of active LXC instances.

Question 1: are these log entries expected?
Question 2: shouldn’t they be silenced given the option --quiet-dhcp is set on the dnsmasq call from user lxd for LXD to manage DHCP?
Question 3: I though of force-silence at the rsyslog level, but beforehand I wanted to expose this and ask the above questions.

All the best.

According to dnsmasq warnings - Pi-hole documentation this means:

A DHCP client is not allowed to claim name HOSTNAME in the current DHCP configuration.

And looking at Ignoring domain CONFIG_DOMAIN for DHCP host name HOSTNAME - #8 by DL6ER - Help - Pi-hole Userspace

It seems that the DHCP client those instances are using is trying to claim a domain outside of the managed network’s domain.

Thank you for your input.

A stock Debian bullseye instance uses systemd-resolved as DHCP client.
How should it be tuned for the instance not to “claim” its hostname on the DNS zone of the host?
Conversely, is there a way to tune it so as to resolve the instance hostname from the host (for example with instance.project_name from the host similarly as instance.lxd between instances)?