Migrate container to another host, ZFS mount error

I moved my lxc container OpenHAB from one host to another.

Host 1: Running Ubuntu, ZFS formatted
Host 2: Running Ubuntu, Not ZFS formatted, but using ZFS for lxd.

After migrating as described here under #method 2, I am getting this error:
Error: Failed preparing container for start: Failed to run: zfs mount rpool/lxd/containers/OpenHAB: cannot mount ‘rpool/lxd/containers/OpenHAB’: no mountpoint set

zpool list
NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
bpool  1,88G  1,05G   840M        -         -     5%    56%  1.00x  DEGRADED  -
rpool   920G   662G   258G        -         -    12%    71%  1.00x  DEGRADED  -

sudo lxc profile show default
[sudo] Passwort für simon:
config: {}
description: Default LXD profile
devices:
  eth0:
    name: eth0
    network: lxdbr0
    type: nic
  root:
    path: /
    pool: default
    type: disk
name: default
used_by:
- /1.0/instances/iobroker
- /1.0/instances/iobroker2
- /1.0/instances/asterisk
- /1.0/instances/reverse-proxy
- /1.0/instances/nextcloud
- /1.0/instances/OpenHAB

Hmm, that’s odd, the mountpoint should be set.

In any case, you can likely use zfs list -o name,mountpoint to spot the issue with that dataset and then fix it with zfs set DATASET mountpoint=NEW-VALUE updating it to match the pattern for your other instances.

@stgraber
Thank you, but zfs list looks ok:

rpool/lxd/containers                                                                        7,05G   227G       96K  none
rpool/lxd/containers/OpenHAB                                                                2,20G   227G     2,20G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers  /OpenHAB
rpool/lxd/containers/asterisk                                                               47,2M   227G      233M  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers  /asterisk
rpool/lxd/containers/iobroker                                                               1,92G   227G     1,74G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers  /iobroker
rpool/lxd/containers/iobroker2                                                              1,25G   227G     1,46G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers  /iobroker2
rpool/lxd/containers/nextcloud                                                               525M   227G      770M  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers  /nextcloud

Mountpoint seems the same as the other container

Really strange. I tried several times yesterday and always got the error. Today I tried it again and started the container … and it worked.

Sorry for the inconvenience, everything seems alright now.

That’s pretty odd indeed… glad that it works again but still odd.