Parse.c errors after full system update of archlinux- failed to parse config

$ sudo lxc-ls -f
lxc-ls: parse.c: lxc_file_for_each_line_mmap: 102 Failed to parse config: lxc.include = /usr/share/lxc/config/archlinux.common.conf
Failed to load config for snap1
lxc-ls: parse.c: lxc_file_for_each_line_mmap: 102 Failed to parse config: lxc.include = /usr/share/lxc/config/archlinux.common.conf
Failed to load config for snap2
Failed to load config for snap3

That is an excerpt of a few, the rest show the same. I guess some paths changed or somesuch but not sure how to resolve?

I did a search with find with / as path for file archlinux.common.conf and it wasn’t found.

I also can’t create a new one either

sudo lxc-create -n test -t download -- --dist archlinux --release current --arch amd64
[sudo] password for vorlis: 
The cached copy has expired, re-downloading...
Setting up the GPG keyring
ERROR: Unable to fetch GPG key from keyserver
lxc-create: test: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1566 Failed to create container from template
Error creating container test

EDIT:

downgrading package lxc (1:3.0.0-1 => 1:2.1.1-1)

has returned functionality to normal. That will do it for now but what about the permanent fix?

Looks like you have lxc 3.0 installed without lxc-templates, it’s the lxc-templates package/project which provides those config files that lxc-ls is complaining about.

They definitely come with the archlinux package see here however I just did ls on the rollbacked working version and on the version 3 version and the contents change. The path still exists on 3 but the images are gone.

Contents of /usr/share/lxc/templates on version 3-

templates]$  ls
lxc-busybox  lxc-download  lxc-local  lxc-oci

contents when rolled back to 2-

templates]$  ls
lxc-alpine     lxc-cirros         lxc-gentoo        lxc-pld         lxc-ubuntu
lxc-altlinux   lxc-debian         lxc-openmandriva  lxc-sabayon     lxc-ubuntu-cloud
lxc-archlinux  lxc-download       lxc-opensuse      lxc-slackware   lxc-voidlinux
lxc-busybox    lxc-fedora         lxc-oracle        lxc-sparclinux
lxc-centos     lxc-fedora-legacy  lxc-plamo         lxc-sshd

So they are missing on the 3 version for some reason?

That’s because in LXD 3.0, they’re supposed to be a separate lxc-templates package.

They’re now a separate upstream project with a separate release which distros need to package, it looks like arch hasn’t done that yet.

https://github.com/lxc/lxc-templates

1 Like

The package maintainers for ArchLinux and other distros have been explicitly informed about this though: [lxc-users] LXC 3.0.0: Packaging Changes To Be Aware Of