Really need someone to break down the uid mapping between containers please

Here is my goal

1. have a group with READ/ WRITE to all folders (this group is called SHAREWRITE)

2. have a group with READ to ALL folders but only WRITE to ONE of the folders (this group is called SHAREREAD)

in the host machine my zfs pool looks like this: DATA/SHARE

it’s mounted to /DATA/SHARE and it contains a folder called share.

I have a container called “TBX”

and it has the following config

devices:
  sdd:
    path: /mnt/share
    source: /DATA/SHARE/share/
    type: disk

my container has the following user: debian-transmission (for the transmission client, doesn’t actually have a /home dir)

my problem is this user is constantly getting permission denied to download things to this directory
/mnt/share/Downloads

root@tbx:~# id -u debian-transmission

my SHAREWRITE id is 126

The mappings are specified in subuid and subgid. The following mapping means uid 111 is mapped to 100111 and gid 126 is mapped to 100126.

# cat /etc/subuid
lxd:100000:65536

# cat /etc/subgid
lxd:100000:65536

Thank you for the response

on my HOST my machine

k@SERVER:~$ sudo cat /etc/subuid && sudo cat /etc/subgid
k:100000:65536
k:100000:65536

k@SERVER:~$ cat /etc/group | grep SHARE
SHAREWRITE:x:126:k

my container user
root@tbx:~# id -u debian-transmission

using " Direct user/group mapping" in this page as a guideline https://blog.ubuntu.com/2017/06/15/custom-user-mappings-in-lxd-containers

stgraber@castiana:~$ printf "lxd:$(id -u):1\nroot:$(id -u):1\n" | sudo tee -a /etc/subuid
lxd:201105:1
root:201105:1 

what is he doing here? he’s taking his current user and group id and adding it /etc/subuid and /etc/subgid but why add LXD and ROOT? what is this step doing? If i just want to add a group on my system like SHAREWRITE does this change anything?

stgraber@castiana:~$ printf "lxd:$(id -g):1\nroot:$(id -g):1\n" | sudo tee -a /etc/subgid
lxd:200512:1
root:200512:1

suppose this is the same question as above, what is this step doing?

i’m using the snap version of lxd if that matters