Recently I’ve been doing an experiment to check the effectiveness of KSM(Kernel Same-page Merging) on containers
I followed through the instructions of this tutorial
I successfully built the ksm_preload tool and enabling it in the
/etc/rc.local (I’m using ubuntu container) in the container
and then I tried
$ sudo ./ksm-wrapper lxc start container1 to launch multiple containers and check
/sys/kernel/mm/ksm, but only
full_scans has increased, the other remained unchange.
there’s a guy claimed in this thread he’s successfully done that but the result isn’t quite satisfying.
so I’m wondering if there’s any step I did wrong or missed ,
if anyone had experience doing this before please let me know
thanks for the help