Senior Go software engineer (stealth startup)

Introduction

An organization I’m helping out is currently looking for a number of candidates to join in over the next few months.

The focus is currently on finding a Senior Go Software Engineer, with OS, networking and storage knowledge.

The organization is a young stealth startup based in the US and looking to hire Europe or North America based staff. It’s all remote work from your home with a few weeks a year of international travel for team meetings. They offer competitive compensation with the ability to join in as either an employee or a contractor.

The entire product stack is built on Open Source and a significant part of an applicant’s job will be to directly engage and contribute to new or existing Open Source projects.

As this is an early stage startup looking for early joiners on its engineering team, focus will be on candidates with preexisting experience in the Open Source community and with the ability to take ownership and drive a project to completion.

Job posting

Senior Go software engineer
You’ll be part of the development team, focused on our core products.

Your job will be to develop the core technology behind the company’s cloud platform, ranging from virtualization, to storage, networking and container technologies.

As a software engineer on the team, you will collaborate with the wider engineering team, product managers, community members and technical support engineers to develop new product features, improve performance and testing and solve issues.

You will be part of a great young start-up. Here, you’ll be amongst other enthusiastic colleagues, who will collaborate with you to define documentation excellence.

This is a fully remote role with occasional international travel for team meetings. We are looking for candidates currently located in North America / EMEA.

Your tasks

• Assist in the feature design and specification process
  • Implement new features, including tests and documentation
  • Participate in code reviews
  • Help with triaging and resolving user reported bugs
  • Collaborate with the support and field teams to quickly resolve customer issues

What we are looking for

• At least 5 years of experience with Go development
  • At least 5 years of experience developing on Linux systems
  • At least 3 years of experience designing and implementing REST APIs
  • Experience with open-source development and communities
  • Familiarity with some of the following technologies:
    • Incus, LXD, runc or containerd
    • Ceph, LVM or ZFS
    • OVN
    • QEMU
    • Minio / Amazon S3 / Ceph Object
  • Experience with database design and implementation (sqlite)
  • Experience of distributed systems considered a plus
  • Some experience with C/cgo considered a plus

How to apply

If you’re interested, feel free to reach out to me directly with your questions and/or resume and I’ll make the introductions.

You can reach me through the forum directly (@stgraber) or through my personal e-mail at stgraber@stgraber.org.

3 Likes