/snap/lxd/***/snap/hooks/configure: snapctl: not found

p.s. is it ok to open topic in a such way?

The snapcraft forum feels like the right place for this indeed.

snapctl should be available to all snaps, so it’s puzzling as to why it appears missing in this case.

The strangest thing is that everything is working fine with version below 4.0 (14503). Of course, now i can’t install anything from channel=4.0, because there is no such (14503 - i suppose it’s a build number), but it was.
With no problems i updated to the latest build from channel 3.0 and luckily imported my containers with no hassle. But i’m interesting into solving this mystery, because i wan’t to check (and to get working) CRIU.

I don’t remember the revision at which the change happened but 4.0.0 was initially on a core16 base and then switched over to core18.

I know older snapd builds had trouble with such a migration so that may explain it.

If it’s an option, removing the snap, then rebooting the system, pre-installing the core18 and snapd snaps and finally installing current lxd may fix this.

I have already did that:

1. removed snap, removed all its folders, rebooted
  2. installed snap from yay
  3. installed hello-word, which i suppose installed some additional package core or core18
    if it’s core, then lxd installed core18.

I can try again, but is it neccessary to pre-install core18 and snapd snaps?
Wouldnt they get installed automatically?

current snap list is:

Name Version Rev Tracking Publisher Notes
core 16-2.44.3 9066 latest/stable canonical✓ core
core18 20200311 1705 latest/stable canonical✓ base
lxd 3.23 14133 3.23/stable canonical✓ -
snapd 2.44.3 7264 latest/stable canonical✓ snapd

They should be getting automatically installed but older snapd releases had some issues with core switches.

What does snap version show you with those packages installed?
Normally it should show 2.44.3.

snap 2.44.3.r1450.g4ead117134-1
snapd 2.44.3.r1450.g4ead117134-1
series 16
arch -
kernel 5.2.11-arch1-1-ARCH

Problem seems to be solved by installing snapd instead of snapd-git from aur.
@stgraber thank you for assistance. And @mborzecki from snapcraft for pointing this out.