Static IP for containers with local lan access

This seem to be a recurring topic and as there are many resources on the internet, it is all old and dated.
I am trying to get my head around using netplan as that is the new way to set up a network in ubuntu 17.10.
I want to have a static ip set in a container using a bridge on the hostmachine so the container is accessible on the local lan.
The host have two nics and is configured to have a static ip address with one nic and a bridge.
The container is given the static ip but the problem was that the container was also picking up a DHCP ip address from the range 100 to 150.
I have edited the /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/99-disable-network-config.cfg with network: {config: disabled}
I got it “solved” by also removing the 50-cloud-init.yaml, running netplan --debug generate and netplan apply.
After restarting the container everything seem ok with only the one static ip shown.
It also work by just removing the 50-cloud-init.yaml and restarting the container.
Everything seem fine but my question is: is this the “right” way to go about setting up a static ip?

/etc/netplan/01-netcfg.yaml, host machine1:

network:
  version: 2
  renderer: networkd
  ethernets:
    enp5s0:
      addresses: [192.168.2.10/24]
      gateway4: 192.168.2.1
      dhcp4: false
      nameservers:
        addresses: [8.8.4.4,8.8.8.8]
    enp6s0: